The easiest way to pay your business rates is by Direct Debit.
You can spread payments over 10 or 12 months, and you can choose to pay on either the:
To set up a Direct Debit, you need to call the Business Rates Team on 01279 446688 to set up a Direct Debit. You will need your:
- business rates account number
- bank name, branch and sort code
- bank account number and the name on the account
You can also complete the Business Rates Direct Debit Form (pdf) and return it to us to set up a Direct Debit.
You can pay your business rates online using most debit and credit cards.
You will need your business rates account number.
You can use our automated telephone payment line to pay your business rates using most debit and credit cards.
You need to call: 01279 446600
You will need your business rates account number
Online banking or telephone banking
You can transfer your business rates payment from your bank account into our bank account, using our bank details.
Account number: ?
Sort Code: ?
Account Number: ?
Use your business rates account number as your payment reference.
You can pay your business rates by post using a cheque.
To pay by cheque, you need to:
- make your cheque payable to Harlow Council
- write your business rates account number and your address on the back of the cheque
- send your cheque to us in the post, or post it in the secure box at the Civic Centre
- include a stamped self-addressed envelope if you want us to send you a receipt
You can post your cheque to us at:
Revenues and Benefits
The Water Gardens
You should not send us post-dated cheques.
You can pay by cash or credit or debit card at the Civic Centre. You will need your business rates account number.
Pay over 12 months
To help you budget, you may be able to spread your business rates payments over 12 months (April to March) rather than the usual 10 (April to January).
To pay over 12 months you need to contact the Business Rates Team on 01279 446688 by 15 May for the current bill.