Parking problems

Commercial vehicles

There are no restrictions on commercial vehicles parking in residential areas, so we cannot take any action against them.

In permitted areas, the commercial vehicle must display a valid permit.

We recommend you speak to the owner of the vehicle to see if you can agree on a better parking arrangement.

Parking on pavements

If a vehicle has all four wheels on the pavement, you can report this to Essex Police 101.

Blocked driveway

If a parked car is blocking your driveway you can report this to the North Essex Parking Partnership and the police.

If you report the blocked driveway to the North Essex Parking Partnership and more than 50% of the vehicle is parked across the driveway, we can issue a Penalty Charge Notice to the vehicle. However, we cannot remove the vehicle itself.

You can also report a blocked driveway to the police (on their non-emergency number 101) as this is considered an obstruction and they can issue a Fixed Penalty Notice to the vehicle.

Blocked dropped kerb

If a vehicle is obstructing a dropped kerb you can report this to the North Essex Parking Partnership with the vehicle registration number.

Cars for sale

There is no law to prevent private individuals selling their own car.

If a company has left two or more cars for sale on the road within 500 metres of each other, you can report this to us and we can take action against them.